Gourmet Food

>

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tequila Marinated Grilled Flank Steak

My husband is I-talian and I do cook many thing I-talian but my roots are in Texas and spicy goodness is my preference.  This is another simple meal to prepare.  You can either slice the steak (against the grain) to serve in tortillas or, as I often do, just slice it and serve with tomatoes and avocado with black beans and rice.  This serves a hearty 2.

1 flank steak
1/2 cup Jose Cuervo Gold
juice of two limes
tablespoon of black peppercorn
tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


The night before, put the flank steak in a zip lock bag and add the tequila, lime juice and peppercorns.  Marinate over night or at least 6 hours.  Remove from the bag and discard marinade.  Let steak get to room temp.  Heat your grill to high.  Brush the steak on both sides with olive oil. Salt and pepper before you grill.  It seals itself into the food. Put on hot grill and cook 3-4 minutes on one side until well caramelized.  Flip and do the same on other side, lower heat to med and cook until your desired done ness. I like this med. rare and then let it sit for 10 minutes, it will continue to cook to med.  But, let it sit so the juices contract back into the meat.  Otherwise, you'll have dry meat and lots of juice on the cutting board.  Sometimes I use a spice mixture by a company called Penzey's spices (http://penzeys.com) .  It's a southwestern seasoning mix that works well with lots of foods.  But, it works very well the tequila and lime.  Muy bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment