Gourmet Food

>

Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Favorite Sauce to Serve with Salmon

I concocted this myself or so I think.  Anyway, I came across a jar of Tabasco Mayo.  Hummm, I said.  Hot sauce in mayo.  Add a little of this and a little of that and maybe a sauce.  So here ya go.  Tabasco Mayo  Tarter Sauce (sort of):

Serves 4

1/2 cup Tabasco Mayo (if you can't find this just use 1/2 cup mayo and add tabasco to taste)
1 tbls brined capers, drained (depends on how much you like capers, of which I do, so I add a little more)
1/4 tsp dried or fresh dill
1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
pinch of sea salt

Mix together and serve alongside your grilled or baked or roasted salmon. 

I also do this with more of an Asian flair:

1/2 cup regular mayo
1/4 tsp or to taste wasabi paste
1 tbls low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp either freshly grated ginger or 1/4 tsp dried

Mix.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment