Gourmet Food

>

Friday, October 5, 2012

Options for Your Cheese Course as Dessert

I know I said I don't do desserts but I do cheese courses and often times, as desserts.  Here are two of my favorite cheese courses and a fruit dessert:

A terrific mountain gorgonzola (your cheese expert will help here) drizzled with honey and scatter toasted walnuts around the cheese. Serve with a good crusted bread.  Another cheese course is a terrific manchego cheese with fresh figs, dried mission figs or a fig and almond cake.  Serve both with a port of your choice.

In addition to these cheese options try very fresh strawberries with balsamic vinegar and freshly cracked pepper.   Trim strawberries and drizzle them with 25 year old balsamic and a few turns of the old pepper grinder.  Too good to be true....


No comments:

Post a Comment