Gourmet Food

>

Friday, October 5, 2012

Did I Really Used to Cook Like This?

Looking through my old cook books yesterday I found this menu card with a menu that I made for New Year's Eve, I'd say, 15 years ago.   Check out this menu:

Appetizers:
Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Strudel
Italian Pate

First Course:
Ricotta and Mint Ravioli in Fresh Tomato Sauce

Second Course:
Roasted Mushroom Salad

Third Course:
Roasted Pork Loin Stuffed with Rosemary and Garlic
Escarole Sauteed in Olive Oil and Garlic
Mashed Potatoes

Dessert:
Cappuccino Ice Cream with Sambuca
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti

I'll bet I cooked all day for that one and several days before that, too.  Everything was homemade.  What an idiot!  Today, I would buy the appetizers, i.e. varieties of olives, purchased dips (I live close to Whole Foods so there are some quality appetizers out there).  I would also  purchase both the ice cream and the biscotti.  There is a bakery close by that makes an incredible Tiramisu Torte with huge chunks of white and dark chocolate around it.  Now, come on.  Make it?  I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment