Gourmet Food

>

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail

Unfortunately, just recently my family lost our eldest aunt, my father's twin sister.  She was a wonderful woman and as tough as the Texas hill country.  When I went to stay with my sister, she offered me a blood orange spritzer.  Basically blood orange juice and sparkling water.  Sister, sister, I love you dearly but a little "something" in there just to take off the edge:))  I saw this and said, aha!  Nothing serious with this but a nice, light refreshing cocktail.  So here's to you sis! Makes 8 servings.
Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail


  • 1/4 cup crème de cassis (black-currant liqueur)
  • 1 1/2 cups strained fresh blood orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
  • 1 750-ml bottle chilled brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
  • 8 blood orange slices (optional)

preparation

Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons crème de cassis into each of 8 Champagne flutes or other glasses. Add 3 tablespoons juice to each glass. Fill each glass with Champagne, then stir gently. Garnish cocktails with slices of blood orange, if desired.



From Epicurious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment