Gourmet Food

>

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Two Products I Love but with One, You Might Go "No Way".

The first product you should love is a line by Alexia Foods.  photo.JPG I normally bake either their onion rings, which I love,  or their waffle sweet potato fries.  Last night I made these Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle seasoning and LOVED them.  I bake them in my small counter top convection oven. For three ounces, about 12 fries, they only have 4g fats, 130 calories and 250 g sodium.  They also have potato wedges, regular potato fries, and they even have breads.   Kroger is in bed with Orida so they don't carry Alexia.  But Whole Foods as well as Publix carry the products.  Just go to the Alexia site and type in your zip and they'll let you know where you can buy their products.  I served the fries with a green leaf salad topped with queso fresco, diced red onions and avocados (simple dressing of oil and lemon with salt and pepper) and a grilled flat iron steak.  Outstanding!

The second product, you're going to go, no way...But it's sooooooo good for you.  It's sardines.  Yes.  Sardines.  From Whole Foods about canned sardines:  Sardines are an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids. They are a very good source of protein and a good source of phosphorus, niacin, vitamin B2 and vitamin B6.  

I eat at least two every other day.  I order my Vigo Hot Sardines from Amazon in a twelve pack (each can has 3 sardines).  Stop laughing. I get free shipping.  I'm a Prime Member.  I eat them with whole wheat crackers. (My cats are hovering.)   You can buy them at Whole Foods but if you eat them like I do, it's cheaper to buy in bulk.  When I was a kid, we used to eat pickled herring.  So, it wasn't too difficult to move from that to sardines. photo.JPG For two sardines, 9g fat, 130 calories, with 250 g sodium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment